Tuesday, September 22, 2026

"Assistive AI": or, lowering the barrier to being better organized

There are many, many great use cases for AI (and many mediocre ones), but I'm coming to realize that one of the BIG use cases of AI is a technology that lowers the barrier to doing what you should've been doing already. 

In my case, it's getting all the stuff I read or see into nicely organized notes. For example, today when I was cruising on LinkedIn, I came across this post which included the image below:


In a dream world, I would have a file on my computer that was organized, and I would transcribe this info into it. The benefits would be immense: (a) I could recall specific pieces of knowledge across time, and (b) I could easily share this info with someone else without giving them a deluge of links to read. But, of course, few people are this anal in their treatment of data. The challenge is that you can read this one piece of info, but you may never actually need it, or you might just need the gestalt of it in your day-to-day work. Or if you need the same info, you can likely just ask Google or ChatGPT. 

Here is the test of what I've built this far: can it handle it? Can I just give it a prompt and have it find the companies, create them, and load the transactions?



It struggled to find a company's website, so it prompted me for it (great job, agent!), and successfully uploaded it:


Hot damn, it worked -- it uploaded all of these transactions to the "Quantum" market map that I created:


(Note: I've spent a lot of time building all these capabilities and building up the agent to get to this point -- and have hit a lot of bugs -- so exciting to see this work first time.)

This feels so small but so significant at the same time. If I can upload this info via chat, it'll be (relatively) easy to set it up via a WhatsApp chat, or routed to an email. Imagine -- I can just forward this LinkedIn link to an email, and let agents handle the rest of the information organization. Very small, but information -- and organized information -- compounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Assistive AI": or, lowering the barrier to being better organized

There are many, many great use cases for AI (and many mediocre ones), but I'm coming to realize that one of the BIG use cases of AI is a...